Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Late Morning Surprises


I pulled the blanket over my legs that were left uncovered. For I could feel the chill in the air touching my feet. Somewhere I had left some part of the window in my room unclosed. Not a big room though, my college hostel room means a world to me. A-216 and F-204 will remain in my memories forever. No, no don’t doubt my modesty. I never intended to say someday I would sit back and reflect upon this room where all the so called dreams were hatched. Never, for I don’t know how life is going to unwind right next moment. Ok, let me come back to the present. Bangalore weather is getting sexier day by day. I, for one, never feel the urge to get up from my new Kurlon double mattress with extra spring bed, whatever the occasion is. I leave it up to my friends to wake me up for an exam or class. My midterm exams got over yesterday and I stay put lazily in my bed till 11:22 AM. When the realization dawned that the whole world is probably awake and busy with their chores, I should at least make good use of the time. As I woke up, still on my bed, I started thinking “Ab kya karna hain?”, which translated to English means, “What should I do now”. My mid terms were over; this is my last term. I was in the best management institution that one could ask for, had landed a job in big 4, what else? Somewhere, something was missing. I somehow felt an awning gap somewhere. The answer followed from a conversation that I had with a friend of mine yesterday. I need to un-clutter all bookish learning and go somewhere to live and experience it firsthand. No am not talking for another internship. I think I have a fair idea of where I want to go after my exams are over. I have good 3 months time before I join my new company. Tillonia, that’s where I want to spend time and other such places. I don’t know and I don’t have any agenda. I plan to visit parts of our country that doesn’t appear or any tourist map, see the people, speak with them, see their innovation and learn from them.  As of now all I know is this. Maybe 2 months down the line, I will check if this gap has been filled.

No comments: