Monday, February 23, 2009

CreditWorthiness @ Times of Recession

The 81st Oscars !!
They came, They saw, They swept. That's how I would put the performance of the Slumdog Team. To me, it was a history more than a victory. Two people, from very humble origins made it big. One, the greatest musician, I would rate in my lifetime, A R Rehman and the other, a personality seldom known till date, Resul Pookutty. For me, the two statements, by both the maestros, almost benumbed me. The one said by ARR " In life , I had two choices: Love and Hate and I chose Love". The other equally stunning and wonderfully put by Resul was, " I come from a land and civilisation that has given the universe a word. A word that is preceded by silence and followed by a bigger silence. OM. " They both have made their imprints at the Oscars. Started during the Great Depression, the Oscar today, during another great depression, has ignited millions of hope and dreams. How many more ARRs and Resuls we will have, only seems more possible.

No comments: