Sunday, May 17, 2009

Numero Uno

“Here I am, awake relatively early on a weekend, sipping my usual cup of tea. As, I frantically turn the pages of my newspaper for news, the number game has already begun. There they are. The crack team from NDTV is already pulling its sleeve. What an amazing excitement? In fact, each of the 543 seats is in itself a scenario changing one. No one knows how far the psephologist would be correct. India gets the voting results the fastest. As minutes pass by, the weight shifts and so do people. Anyways, I am sure I am going to be hooked to the television for the rest of the day. “ Switch of the TV and get on with your work”, is what my mom is telling me, as I somehow pacify her that my work won’t be hampered and that I should not be missing out on this once in a 5 year battle. I hope a stable government comes in and I hope that the psephologists get it right this time.” This is what I wrote yesterday and today, when the picture is almost clear that a very stable and apt government would be heading us, I am more delighted at the growing prospects of getting to see India on its path of glory. What better could happen, when one of the finest brains is to head India suitably supported by the best people in their respective domains. I admire each and every aspect of our Honorable Prime Minister, Mr. Manmohan Singh. But the one that always remains in my heart and mind is when he was asked to define Courage and he replied” Courage is grace under Pressure”. He truly epitomizes it.

No comments: